To: DFeldman@aol.com
Subject: Re: Buying a M6
From: gthrall@ix.netcom.com (Glenn Wm. Thrall )
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 1995 10:08:21 -0800
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

>Has anyone purchased a used camera mail order? Has anyone had a
particularly
>good experience with one of these companies?
>
>I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions.

I purchased an M6 and assorted lenses from Lee-Mac Camera on Lake
Street in Pasadena (California). New, not used.

However, in January the Leica rep often puts his demos up for sale at
Lee-Mac's -- at a very considerable discount.

They come with a one year Leica warranty. Prices are comparable to
used.

For what it is worth, the Leica salesman's demos are "show and tell"
equipment. Show the sales people what the new stuff looks like, what it
will do, whatever. It is generally unused.

You may want to telephone them in December.

I'm just a customer, I do not work for Lee-Mac Camera.

Their address is:

Lee-Mac Camera
252 S. Lake Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91101