To: Leica List <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Re: [65mm Elmar-V with tiny mark...)
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 01:27:17 PST

** Reply to note from joe b. <joe@azurite.demon.co.uk> 12/10/95 04:39am +0000
> apparently
> blacking out the front surface of the damaged portion will stop this
> altogether

You are right. In fact, I saw that in some old Leica publication (Leica
Photography I think) where they said Leica repair can paint in some flat black
paint. My gouge was so small, I wouldn't want to have messed with it. The the
difference was so small, I didn't bother. I sold it and the new owner seems to
be happy. Well, no obscene phone calls in the middle of the night. <G> (He knew
before he bought.)

Regards,

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR