To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: 35mm vs. 50mm Summicrons
From: wilcox@umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 1995 13:39:08 -0500

This is certinly true for me. I "see" much differently with my M cameras
than with my wife's R. Interestingly, I also "see" differently when using
my M cameras than when using my screw mount cameras with the same focal
length. Also true when using auxillary finders on the screw mount cameras.
When using a BL finder the compositon "looks" differnt than when using a
non BL finder.

I sometimes try to use this to my advantage when shooting familiar subjects
and I want a different look in the result. Sometimes it even works. :)

kw

> For some reason, many
>people report that the 50mm lens on an M6 causes them to shoot
>differently than with an SLR. Mabye it's the ability to see outside it's
>frame and makes it easier to compose with what some call a mild
>telephoto. <g>

----
Ken Wilcox                preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
Davison Middle School                   <kwilcox@genesee.freenet.org>