To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: RF lenses on R bodies or visoflex...
From: wilcox@umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 1995 13:39:02 -0500

From the instruction book that came with my wife's R-E:

You can use the LEICA R-E with any lens of the LEICA M range whichis
suitable for the VISOFLEX adapter. The operating conditions, suchas
focusing distance and object field obtainable, are the same as those that
apply to the use of these LEICA M lenses with the Visoflex. A special
adapter (Order N° 14167) ensures campatability of these two LEICA 35mm
camera systems, but because these lenses have no automatic diaphragm, the
exposrue meter has to use the working aperture.

The picture with the above shows what appears to be a 65mm Elmar in
focusing mount attached to the 14167 adapter and then to the R body.
Therefore I must conclude that the 141467 adapter has an M bayonet rather
than a screw, because the focus mount for the Elmar has an M bay on the
camera side, and a screw for the Elmar on the lens side.

kw

----
Ken Wilcox                preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
Davison Middle School                   <kwilcox@genesee.freenet.org>