To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Leica Screw Mounts
From: LeicaSM@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 01:53:17 -0500

Boy, has this list changed since I was last on several years ago!  Used to be
a stuffy post every couple weeks - now it's come alive with fellow Leica
enthusiasts from all over the world.  Very cool!  I use an M3 with my main
lens being a 90mm Summicron, which takes incredible portraits at full
aperture.
Recently, I've become very interested in the screw mount lenses because of
the classic "Eisensteadt feel" inherent in some of the earlier Leitz lenses,
and because...let's face it...they're less expensive (;-).  Am writing to
inquire what screw mount lenses other fellow Leica users have found best in
the 35mm, 50mm, and 135mm focal lengths?
And to follow a current thread here - I'm 39, have published many photos, but
consider myself "an amateur." Definitely not broke, but definitely not rich
either; however, I'm happy because my refrigerator's full of film.
Thanks for your input,
Patrick Markham

--------  A wise man once said...."They're all actors.---------