To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Leica buys Minox
From: Edi Weitz <weitz@math.uni-hannover.de>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 1996 11:57:10 +0100

Sorry if this is a bit off topic. I just wanted to inform you about what
German newspapers reported this morning: Contrary to former plans Minox will
not be sold to Rollei/Samsung. The liquidator of Minox just informed the
general public that negotiations with Rollei have been cancelled and that
Leica Camera GmbH, Solms will buy Minox instead.

Let me also use this opportunity to say thank you to all the people who
answered my "Lever on 35mm Summicron" question.

Bye, Edi.

PS: Hey, this must be my third or fourth message to this list in two weeks!