To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Hologon for Leica M/fisheyes for RF's?
From: Willem-Jan Markerink <w.j.markerink@a1.NL>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 1996 01:52:35 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <wjmarkerink@a3.a1.nl>

On 18 Jan 96 at 14:48, HERTZLER@ilt.fhg.DE wrote about "Hologon for
Leica M":

> In Germany the old 15 mm Hologon for Leica M cameras is about 14 000
> to 15 000 DM (10 000USD).
>
> Regards, Christoph Hertzler

I believe I recently saw an add in rec.photo.marketplace; asking
price over $16000....
I guess this price only makes it a *very* rare species....

BTW, since these Hologons are all rectangular lenses....I wonder if there
have ever been fisheyes for Leica M, or other rangefinders?
Since a few years, I am hooked on IR photography, and my SLR fisheye is
one of my favorites....but this SLR limits me to dark red filters, real IR
filters (87 and darker) are difficult to operate (rearfilters cq. too
large front size). I would therefore love to add an rangefinder fisheye to my
collection....:-)
Any thoughts?

Bye,

     _/  _/ illem    _/     _/ an    _/  _/  _/ arkerink
                     _/_/_/

<w.j.markerink@a1.nl>

Replies: Reply from "joe b." <joe@azurite.demon.co.uk> (Re: Hologon for Leica M/fisheyes for RF's?)