To: Patrick Sobalvarro <pgs@thillana.lcs.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: Using Bellows II
From: "joe b." <joe@azurite.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 1996 10:55:53 +0000
Cc: FortunkoC@aol.com, leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

In message <9601230425.AA05300@thillana.lcs.mit.edu>, Patrick Sobalvarro
<pgs@thillana.lcs.mit.edu> writes

>   I am interested in using the Elmar 65mm/3.5 lens on my M-series camera. What
>   adapters are needed for the M-series, if any?

I think a suitable Visoflex is probably the adaptor you need here! The
65mm Elmar-V is not rangefinder coupled so focusing becomes an issue.

>   What adapter would be needed for an R-series camera, such as R-E,
>   or Sl,SL-2?

I got the 65mm Elmar-V and it came with a focusing mount 16464K that has
a Visoflex bayonet, and that simply goes into a Visoflex -> R body
adapter 14167 that Leica still make (and is illustrated in the RE and R5
instructions).

>According to "The Leica R Compendium," the Elmar 65mm f3.5 can be used
>on an R camera using the Bellows-R and adapter ring number 16 863.

joe b.
Replied: Forwarded 24 Jan 96 22:38