To: "W. K. Wong" <wongfr@hkstar.com>
Subject: Re: SLR lenses on M bodies etc
From: "joe b." <joe@azurite.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 1996 10:42:09 +0000
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

In message <199601230057.IAA03651@charlie.dev.rhkjc.hk>, "W. K. Wong"
<wongfr@hkstar.com> writes
>Having heard of lot of those R-to-M and Leica-to-others adaptors, and lot of
>new names like Zoerkendorfer, Novoflex, SRB. My question is, does anybody
>knows where can I get (or by mail order) those toys?

Many Leica adapters are available from Leica dealers. The trick is to
work out which one you need! And then compare used prices with new; I
was told by a dealer that Visoflex bay to Leica R body adapters are rare
used and would cost around UKP 120, IF I could find one. I found I could
get a brand new one for UKP 80, so I ordered it and now have it.
Amazing!

SRB can supply;

# Some standard adaptors such as M42 lens -> Leica thread body
# Some custom adapters to order such as Visoflex lens -> various bodies
or "Various" lens fits -> Leica R body. For custom adapters you have to
call and discuss it, ask for Mr Broomhead, he's very helpful.

I just found out my Russian M42 fisheye cannot go on a Leica R body or a
Nikon body because the bodies are too deep for infinity focus and a
negative optical element behind a fisheye sounds awful. So I got Mr
Broomheads advice and found an old Contax 137MA body (cheap!) to put my
fisheye on, and am happy. I've been looking for an excuse to get a
Contax body... But the point is that he's knowledgable and can advise on
compatibility and advisability of different combinations.
If you wanted an adapter that doesn't exist, but is feasable, he can
make it. I'm considering getting an adapter to allow me to put the
optical head of my 90mm/4 screw Elmar on bellows R on an R body. If
anyone can make it, he can (according to Leica UK).

SRB Film Service
286 Leagrave Road
Luton
Beds LU3 1RB