To: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Subject: Re: to UV filter or not
From: chucko@eskimo.com (Charles E. Albertson)
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 1996 18:46:03 -0800
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

At 10:14 PM 2/8/96 -0800, Eric Welch wrote:

>What brand filters are you using? I am finding the Hoya on my Canon EOS
>70-200 isn't all that good. This is the first non B+W I've bought in
>years. And frankly, I'm not impressed. Mabye I got a bad one? Leica
>seems to recommend them for Japanese filters.

Not too surprising that they recommend Hoyas, since they use some Hoya glass
in their optics. I saw a pallet of blocks of Hoya glass at the Solms factory
when I ran through it a few years back.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.

Replies: Reply from "joe b." <joe@azurite.demon.co.uk> (Re: to UV filter or not)