To: Kalessin@eworld.com, Leica List <" leica-users"@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Re: APO 70-180 zoom
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 01:16:18 -0800

Kalessin@eworld.com wrote:

> Forgive my slackjawed astonishment but ....
>
>   $5,900.00 for a lens! Yikes!
>
> Oh yeah, these are *Leitz* lenses. I'm still stunned. That's as much

Not to get technical <g> but Leitz went the way of the dodo. It's now
Leica. But anyway, think about it. How much is a 90 Elmarit, 135 Elmarit
and a 180 Elmarit. Way over $5,900. With a lot more flexibility the
zoom isn't all that bad. If you need it. Just make sure you have lots of
flexibility too, for the weight!

And how many great pictures has your Moto Guzzi taken? <g> I almost
bought a motorcycle recently, too. But that will have to wait until I
have some more lenss.

--
Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR