To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Leicas a steal in Prague
From: kocman@lex.prf.cuni.cz (Kocman Milos 2/95)
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 1996 00:29:51 GMT

<<I do not find the weight of my M-5 a problem, most of the time. Best of all,
the camera is so rare that it is relatively save to carry in  countries with a
lot of street crime, like Prague in the Czech Republic. A piece of blacktape can
be used to cover the 5-letter word and the camera then looks like a product of
the East German or Soviet camera industry.>>

Chris and other who read this,
I happen to live in Prague, Czech Republic, and it is safer as far as street
crime goes than most Western cities, not to speak of NYC, etc. Violent crime is
very rare, although numerous pickpockets mainly target tourists. Unless you keep
your camera in a handbag or are similarly lackadaisical about your stuff, it's
not a problem. There is a lot to Prague, so keep coming! (The second-hand Leica
market here would definitely benefit :))

By the way, as I will go to New York shortly, a concise question: For how much
can I buy a working M-type Leica with a 35 mm lens? Would a working setup be
considerably more expensive than a new Konica Hexar, my current wannabe
compromise? Please feel free to make offers.

P.S. Chris, what was your experience here?

Milos Kocman
email: kocman@lex.prf.cuni.cz