To: Leica List <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Subjective opinions.
From: Gary J Toop <gtoop@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 1996 14:39:16 -0500 (EST)

	I am curious to know what differences, if any, people have seen
between pictures taken with the 2.8 Summaron, the old chrome 35 mm
Summicron, the latest 35 Summicron and the 35 mm Summilux.  Although I
would be interested to know about techical differences between the images
produced by the two lenses, I am more curious to know what kind of
subjective differences people pick out in the images produced by these
lenses.  For example, although it would certainly be useful to know which
of the recent 35mm Summicron and the 35mm Summilux produced a contrastier
image at, say, F2, it would be even more interesting to hear about what
kind of a difference people see in the `feel' of these two lenses at
wider apertures, if indeed there is any.  What things to people like about
them and what things do people dislike?

Many thanks in advance for any shared opinions.
Gary