To: Adrian Tanovic <Adrian_Tanovic@genre.com>, leica-users <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Re: M6 Suggestion Box
From: chucko@eskimo.com (Charles E. Albertson)
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 07:11:43 -0800

At 04:03 PM 2/23/96, Adrian Tanovic wrote:
>fellow LUG-nuts:
>
>If Leica were to update the design of the M6, what sorts of things would
>you suggest?  Conceding the many features that are great about it, you must
>have some ideas for improvements---unless it has you broken in so
>completely that you cannot imagine doing anything differently.

     I'd be thrilled if they just came up with a better on/off switch for
the meter. I've lost count of the times I have pulled mine out of the bag,
only to find that a slight pressure on the shutter release has drained the
batts overnight. Something like Nikon does with the FM2, where pulling the
film advance lever out from the body a bit switches on the meter, and
returning it to the original position switches it off, would be ideal.
     Leitz' suggested methods of leaving the meter off (turning the shutter
speed to bulb, or leaving the shutter uncocked) aren't really practical ---
they get in the way of being able to take a picture quickly.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.

Replies: Reply from Michael Volow <mvolo@acpub.duke.edu> (Re: M6 Suggestion Box)