To: leica-users <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Re: M6 Suggestion Box
From: "Hubert Nowotny" <HUBERTN@ctr.co.at>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 1996 20:17:31 +0100

Friends,

although I'd bet it's a bit late for introducing M concepts:

> > Date:          Fri, 23 Feb 1996 05:28:54 -0700 (MST)
> > To:            Adrian Tanovic <Adrian_Tanovic@genre.com>,
> >                leica-users <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
> > From:          beamon@primenet.com (Roger L. Beamon)
> > Subject:       Re: M6 Suggestion Box

> Like your suggestions, Adrian. I'm able to accept the slow rewind, probably
> just because I've becomed to it and rationalized that it may help prevent
> ststic problems in our dry Arizona weather.
>
> I would also like to see f stop and aperture info in the window.

I doubt that aperture/f stop info is available to the camera body (and
therefore to the viewfinder). And I _dislike_ the idea of a new set of
lenses. But shutter speeds would be an advantage, anyway.

> Though, I suppose that flash is almost anathma to Leica M's, TTL would help
> a lot of people also.

I _like_ shooting the M with a flash. I don't need any TTL, but I
really like the feeling of the M with the big flash (for marriage,
events asf). It was one of my bigger surprises when I did it the
first time; I fell in love and I won't use a R for events any more
(if I can decide) ...

Nevertheless higher sync speed would be really useful in certain
circumstances (fill flash). Maybe the shutter should be switchable:
low curtain speed for smooth operation and higher curtain speed for
higher sync speed?

>     --
>     Roger Beamon,  Natural History Interpreter & Photographer
>                               Docent: Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
>                               INTERNET: beamon@primenet.com

and don't forget half stops for shutter  speeds (when we are getting
into putting together a wishlist ...)

(And I hope that Leica won't do too a good job with any new M. As I'm
looking forward to having the opportunity to pick up some cheap M6
bodies when people switch over to a new model ... ;-)   )

Greetings & have a fine day
Hubert
* Von/From: HUBERT NOWOTNY, CTR Hatzenberger & Nowotny OEG
* A-1070 Wien/Vienna, Neubaugasse 76 (Austria, Europe ...)
* Tel ++43-1- 526 63 63 - 0, Fax ++43-1- 526 63 63 - 63
* hubertn@ctr.co.at, http://www.ctr.co.at/ctr/