To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: M4-P shutter problem / advice needed
From: rmclean@mta.ca (bob mclean)
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 1996 08:59:31 -0400

In response, I have a similar story:
 A few years ago I bought a new M6, assuming that it would have the same
quality as the M4 and M3 bodies I had used with few problems. I had
problems with the frame counter first. It stopped working, so I sent it
back to Leica under warranty. It came back, but then the meter didn't work
all the time, and not ever below 1/30. I sent it back again, and said this
was unacceptable to me, and I wanted another body. I got a new new M6, and
felt my problems were over, until the shutter stopped working. At all
speeds below sync, the shutter would open and stay open. So there you go,
this was two bodies, both new, and both with a lot of problems. I was so
disappointed, I sent it back to the dealer and asked them to sell it on
consignment. (for a $500 loss)

I switched to Canon F-1 mechanical, which always works. I recently bought a
Leica R4s used, and that has been fine.

Bob