To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Dr. Paul Wolff/Skikamerad Toni
From: Willem-Jan Markerink <w.j.markerink@a1.NL>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 1996 12:51:27 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <wjmarkerink@mail.a1.nl>

On  5 Mar 96 at 22:39, adl@sirius.com wrote about "Re: Dr. Paul
Wolff/Skikamerad Toni":

> Speaking of the Zeiss-Jena Mirotar 1000/5.6 lens, there's one located in
> San Francisco, California. I've seen it and it's a HUGE lens and I heard
> that optically it's as good as the West German version. You can put

I've heard that from Zeiss collectors as well, but Mr. Small will
strongly disagree with us on this one....;-))
I wonder how many customers have been in the position to compare the
two...,for the West version, expect to pay 10 times as much....

> T-mounts on the Jena lens, allowing all different types of camera bodies on
> it, even the Leica R bodies.  Metering is affected however, but then when
> you're using a 32 lb lens, there's no hurry.

Come to think about it....M42 is the only other universal adaptor
for Leica besides Tamron, right? Only Angenieux made a fixed mount
for Leica, but that is it, right?

Bye,

     _/  _/ illem    _/     _/ an    _/  _/  _/ arkerink
                     _/_/_/

<w.j.markerink@a1.nl>

Replies: Reply from "joe b." <joe@azurite.demon.co.uk> (What lenses fit R bodies)