To: Leica Users List <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Better mailer for unix and PCs
From: Ed Hackett <edh@maxey.dri.edu>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 1996 09:25:01 -0800 (PST)

Sorry for the psot with no Leica content, but there has been some
discussion about mailer options and the problems some have, especially
unix users have selecting where to send a reply.  I used to have that
problems too.  The fix is new mail software.  We currently use Pine, which
is a joy.  It offers you the choice when replying of: reply to the sender
(the from line), the reply to line (the list) or both.  I has its own
limited editor (no more VI!!!)  Plus many features for sorting and
storing mail.  Best of all it's FREE.

ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/pine
http://www.cac.washington.edu

Latest pine code available at: ftp.cac.washington.edu/Pine/Pine.tar.Z

If you are using old unix mailers, or crappy PC stuff, give this a try,
it's like a breath of fresh air.

 Ed Hackett   edh@maxey.dri.edu           The Desert Research Institute
 DoD #0200  WMTC  BMWRA  DIOC             Reno, Nevada   (702) 673-7380
 KotLS  KotLE  DotD #0003            I'm not really a chemist, I'm just one of
 BMW K100RS, Moto Morini Camel       them motorsickle sonsabitches.  __=o&o>__