To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Update on M4-P Shutter problem
From: "Antony Soicher" <asoicher@aztec.co.za>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 16:08:57 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <asoicher@aztec.co.za>

Hi

A couple of weeks ago I posted a message detailing some problems I
had with my M4-P shutter which got stuck at slow speeds.

Well, now that I have recovered from the$hock of hearing the co$t of
having both my M4-P's undergo complete $ervices at Leica I can tell you that
the main problem seemed to be one of corrosion - hopefully they will now be as
good as new ... but with the aim of avoiding future problems while
still using the cameras in the field can anyone give advice on how
best to protect the cameras in varied weather from cold, snow, rain
dry heat and humid heat. In short I want to USE my cameras wherever I
am but would like to take sensible precautions. Anyone got a list of
do's and don'ts besides the obvious don't get them wet or take them
underwater ?

Thanks

Antony Soicher
Johannesburg, South Africa