To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: M35 f/1.4 Aspherical vs M35 f/1.4 Asph
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 1996 19:41:14 PST

** Reply to note from Gary J Toop <gtoop@uoguelph.ca> 03/15/96  1:01pm -0500
> Leica send me the BAS report test results on the lens and it shows two.

Yes, I have that test too. And as far as I'm concerned, BAS is the best
tester around. But the test is for the old Aspheric lens. Not the new one. It
was done before the new one was introduced not so long ago. But if you look at
all the Leica literature, there are two lenses and the main distinction is one
aspheric surface and newer glass in the new one. One a limited production lens
that was limited to 2,000 units and sold for $4,500 (or in that area). The newer
one is around $2,600 and rising.

Regards,

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR