To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Stiff focusing on old lens- cured
From: "joe b." <joe@azurite.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 1996 19:00:20 +0000

In message <960322090645_252953459@mail06>, FortunkoC@aol.com writes
>Joe,
>
>Who serviced your lens? Did they use Leica-approved lubricants and does this
>matter?
>
>I have an old Telyt, which might need service.

It's a guy in the UK, an ex-Leica service engineer (is that what you
call them?) who now does this work independently (quicker and definitely
cheaper than service by Leica UK, who are still having to send lenses to
Germany due to not actually having any lens technicians trained at
present- this is a big problem, cos last year I got a 60mm Macro-Elmarit
converted from 2~ to 3-cam and it cost an arm and a leg and was away for
7 months, yes 7) but who was actually recommended to me by the service
dept manager of Leica UK (they used to sit next to one another at work
apparently). I assume he uses the proper stuff. I imagine it does
matter, but would be interested to learn more.
--
joe b.