To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: 135mm Tele-Elmar f4.0
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 07:18:53 -0800

Michael Reichmann wrote:

>I havn't had a 135 in my Leica M set because back in the late 60's when
>I used Leicas to make a living I found this focal length to the the
>least useful.  For some reason, I now find that I don't perceive the
>same limitations.

It means you have become a better photographer, and can find value with
less change in focal length than before. Your appreciation for
subtlety in composition is maturing.

It's like 50mm lenses. When someone says it's a boring focal length, I
tend to believe it means more that they're a boring photographer. I'm
not aiming that comment at anyone here or elsewhere, btw.

--
Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR