To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: To French members only
From: FortunkoC@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 09:52:52 -0500

I think aiming a letter at a particular ethnic group is in very bad taste.

I am a former European who would like to see Europe forget about some of its
bad legacies. This is an international forum. I do not object to the use of
French. However, I do object to addressing a message to the French. What
about the Canadians? Are they acceptable? What about members who speak
French, but are not citizens of that leading democracy of Europe?

My intention is not to start another flame war on this forum. It is only to
bring to our members attention the fact that we should stick to Leica-related
subjects. The camera itself does not care about the language of the user. In
fact, Leica has been an international success ever since its beginning. Some
of its greatest pioneers were in fact Frenchmen or people who have adopted
France as a place to live and practice their art.

I wish I were able to reply in French. Unfortunately, I do not speak the
language well enough. I am sorry.

Best regards and apologies if this letter might offend someone. Pax et Lux.

Chris Fortunko