To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Cartier-Bresson
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 1996 09:31:27 -0800

Another story about Cartier-Bresson I remember is on that Guido
Mattoni, the former editor of Epoca (Italy's Life magazine), told me was
once he gave Cartier-Bresson an assignment to photograph in Portugal (I
think, might have been Spain.)

HC-B took two rolls of ektachrome film along with his Leica and 50
Summicron. When Guido edited the film, he said there were 70 useable
pictures. Only two wouldn't have worked along with the story.

I am lucky to get 10 pictures in two rolls! <g>

--
Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR