To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Film leaders
From: sproul@psc.psc.sc.edu (Robert Sproul)
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 1996 12:48:41 -0500

        Having been an LHSA member only since 1994, I missed the 1976
discussion of leader length with the M4. I have a circa 1974 M4 that I
don't recall ever having a problem with loading before 1976 or after. I'd
like to hear just a little more detail on this situation in case I am being
overly conscienctious when loading film.
        I always appreciate comments on this listserv from Mr. Small
because he obviously has a vast store of Leica knowledge.
        Another different question- Will any (even the ones listed for an
M3) 35mm F2.0 RF summicron (the one with eyes) properly fit on an M2 or an
M4. I am a glasses wearer and currently have an F2.8 RF Summaron, but am
thinking of trading-in on a Summicron. Any advice would be welcome.

Robert Sproul, Lab Supervisor           sproul@psc.psc.sc.edu
Department of Physics & Astronomy       Ph:  803-777-7355
University of South Carolina            Fax: 803-777-3065
Columbia, S.C. 29208                    PSC Rm. 508