To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: SOOKY vs. removeable head
From: Michael Reichmann <michaelr@interlog.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 09:47:43 -0400

At 08:30 AM 10/04/96 EDT, you wrote:
>I have successfully mounted the head of my 135mm tele-elmar on a minolta
>bellows by means of a LE-T and T adapter.  THis allows the lens to be used
>like a short mount macro lens.  I can focus at infinity to as close as a foot.

Hummmm!! Now why didn't I think of that.  What a good idea.  Tonight I'm
going to see what it takes to mount the head of my 135mm Tele-Elmar on my
Nikon bellows.  I think I even have a screw to Nikon adaptor somewhere. This
bellows has a front standard with movements, so it'll be very interesting to
see what kind of coverage the 135 has with movements.

Funny, a couple of years ago I was looking for a short mount 105mm Nikkor
for this, but couldn't find one.  Novaflex still has a short mount Nikon 105
around but it's pricy given it's limited usefullness.  The Tele-Elmar will
likely do the trick, though I'd guess that the 65mm Elmar would be more
appropriate for movements.

Thanks for the idea.

Michael