To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: M4 vs. M6
From: wilcox@umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 07:46:54 -0400

Other than the differences you mentioned, the M4 is the last M with a self
timer and the M4-P has 6 frame lines rather than 4.

The used value of Leica equipment is determined in part by the number
available, but there are many other factors, some of which I'll never
figure out. Some folks say that the M4 was the last of the M line produced
by the old, well experienced assemblers at Wetzler before a large number of
retirements and is therefore the best ever made. I have no idea if that is
true or not. The M4 seems to be hot right now, as does the IIIf RDST.

Cheers!

kw

--------------------------
Furthermore, some people recommended the M4 over of the M6.
Which M4 specifically (M4, M4-2, M4P)?
Which are the differences between these M4 versions (I know
M4-2 and M4P take a motor drive, but is that all?)
Somebody menbtioned the M4 is going to be very expensive.
Is this, because there weren't much models produced before the M4-2
was introduced?

----
Davison Middle School                  preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
600 Dayton, Davison, MI 48423