To: Leica List <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Cartier-Bresson
From: Gary J Toop <gtoop@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 10:01:21 -0400 (EDT)

	Those of you out there who are fond of Henri Cartier-Bresson's
work might be interested to have a look at the collection of his
photographs of Paris, published in 1994 as "A Propos de Paris" by the
Bullfinch Press of Little, Brown and Company.  A number of the prints have
never been published before and, to my eye, most of them have a lovely
tonal scale.  I would love to have seen the show from which these were
taken.  In his acknoweldgements at the end, Cartier-Bresson thanks his
printer Jean Genoud of Lausanne, for "reproducing all of the subtleties
of tone".  He concludes by acknowledging "the Leica", his "constant
travelling companion", without which "these images would have remained
buried in an unreliable memory".

Happy viewing
Gary Toop