To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us, leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: M lens for 645 format
From: Gang Huang <gang@mtdcr.mt.att.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 96 18:30:40 EDT

I am also surprised to read that the lenses designed for 35mm have the
coverage of the 645. 200mm is believable, but 90mm has to be a stretch, and
I just
unscrewed the optical unit off my 50mm DR, and tried. It didn't quite cover
6x4.5cm area, and I don't expect anything shorter than 50mm to have the
coverage either (except maybe the PC lens). Another problem with shorter
lenses is that they don't provide enough clearance for the mirror box.

Regards,

Gang Huang
AT&T Bell Laboratories
gang@mtdcr.att.com