To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: The Adaptor from the Anti-Universe
From: Michael Volow <mvolo@acpub.duke.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 22:51:33 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

Jack is correct. I don't know what they called it but the model of the
19/3.5 he has is probably the breechlock mount, non-TTL version intended
for the generation of Canon reflex (FT I believe, about 1965) after the
original Canonflex (R,R2000, and RM). Its back focus was correct for the
reflex camera with the mirror locked up and accessory finder (just like
the original Nikon 21/4). And yes a converter did exist for this so
infinity focus could be used on the rfdr camera. I know this for a fact
because my cousin had one of these lenses and used it on either his
Canonflex, his Canon P rangefinders, or his Leica M2. Since the Canonflex
R didn't have mirror lockup, he would just flip the mirror up with his
finger and then insert the lens. You could hear the mirror clicking agaist
the lens body with each shot.

Michael Volow, M.D. (mvolo@acpub.duke.edu)
Department of Psychiatry, Durham VA Medical Center, Durham, NC
919 286 0411 Ext 6933