To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: unscrewing an M mount
From: Bill Grimwood <bgrim@garply.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 1996 08:54:40 -0500 (CDT)

At 10:18 PM 4/23/96 -0400, you wrote:

>On Tue, 23 Apr 1996, Paul Krzyzanowski wrote:
>
>> I just got a screw to bayonet adapter for my 50mm Summicron lens (from
>> Tamarkin in NY). It screwed on easily and works fine. The only problem
>> is that I can't get the thing off the lens!  Is there a special trick to
>> removing these adapters?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Paul
Paul Leica makes a special wrench to take a sm adapter off an M body.  It is
located on the back of most bayonet mount rear lens caps.  Look at the back
of the cap and you will see three small plastic tabs.  These fit into the
three cutouts of the bayonet adapter and are used to turn it
counter-clockwise to take the adapter off the M body.  Be sure when turning
to release the bayonet mount lens release.

Bill Grimwood

Replied: 24 Apr 96 07:50