To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Oskar Barnack medal or plaque
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <n5xrd@telepath.com>
Date: Fri, 03 May 1996 12:03:30 -0500

I have a sterling silver medal or plaque, with mint marks, 1 3/4" in dia.,
enclased in plastic.  On the front is an embossed picture of Oskar Barnack
with the wording "ERFINDER DER LEICA"  over the image, and "1879 oskar
barnack 1936" under the image.  On the back is an embossed picture of a
Leica M4-P. It came with a box, the top of which has a small torn piece off
of it.

I got it when I bought a Leica M4-P some years ago and forgot I still had
it. Does anyone in the group have any idea what it is worth???  Saw an ad in
Shutterbug for Central Camera Company advertising an "Oskar Barnack 1879 to
1979" plaque for $ 250.00.  That got me interested.

Don't have t he camera, the finder window kept falling out and I sold it.
The plaque, if that is what it is, is quite beautiful and without blemish.