To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Seeking input on 250mm f/4 Telyt
From: Bill Christensen <kangwei@interaccess.com>
Date: Sat, 04 May 1996 07:05:29 -0500

Sherril & Bill wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Does anyone have any experience with the 250mm f/4 Telyt lens.  I would
> be interested in hearing your comments good or bad.
>
> Bill Erfurth

The 250mm R lens (with rotating collar) produces excellent color
transmission, is sharp wide open and is well balanced.  Granted, it
lacks the extra edge of an APO lens (subtle color nuances) but it is
still a superb optic.  My recommendation is that if size, weight and
money are no object, the 280 f4 APO lens would be preferable optically.
However, it is quite heavy both to carry and on the wallet.

If you acquire the 250 lens, you may wish to use it with one or two
Macro-Adapter-Rs on occasion.  This will enable you to shoot a
relatively small area with a long lens to subject distance.

The 250 lens cannot be used in conjuction with the 1.4x APO extender due
to the extender's protruding lens element.

Finally, the Leica catalog no longer lists the 250 lens.  The most
recent version is catalog number 11925.

Bill Christensen