To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Summicron 35 hood question
From: Edward Meyers <aghalide@phantom.com>
Date: Sat, 4 May 1996 18:37:36 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

On Sat, 4 May 1996, J. Redfern wrote:

> As much as I love the angled lens shades for the 35mm Summicron (#12524)
> and the 28mm Elmarit-M (#12536), I'm constantly frustrated by their
> penchant for collecting and RETAINING dust.
>         Would anyone know if there is such a thing as a lens cap for either
> of these that would clip onto the front of the shades?  I know that Hama
> used to make such things for the R series lens shades but I've had a
> fruitless search for an M series equivalent.
> Any clues?
>
> Jae

The angled hood for the older 50-mm f/2 Summicron could be placed
on the lens backwards and a cap placed over the end. I could never
do this for my 35mm f/2 (old type). The inventor of the angled
hood, Bob Schwalberg (formally with E.Leitz, Wetzlar in the 1960s)
informs me that the best way to prevent dust from collecting on
the hood is to put it in your pocket when not in use. My angled
hood for my older 35mm f/1.4 unsrews for filters. Ed Meyers
Replied: Forwarded  4 May 96 16:21