To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Summicron 35 hood question
From: cmiller@berkshire.net (Curt Miller)
Date: Sun, 5 May 1996 21:42:32 -0400 (EDT)

>What upsets us all is that in the 60s I bought a few of the hoods
>for about $15 each. Now, they cost as much as my 1950 Chevy in
>1957. Ed Meyers

Don't let that bother you.  Remember that a candy bar cost 5 cents and now
costs 50 cents, a tenfold increase since 1963.  So, if a Summicron hood cost
$15 then it should cost $150 now...but they don't, they're less and,
actually, quite a bargain at that - so are all those other things behind the
lenshood we love so much.

Curt