To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us, leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re:1960s prices and other fantasies
From: beamon@primenet.com (Roger L. Beamon)
Date: Wed, 8 May 1996 14:22:21 -0700 (MST)

>I have been getting perhaps only 2-3 a week. I
>wonder if others are having this trouble, if that was or is going to
>be the norm, or if it is supposed to be daily. If this persists I
>think I will go back to real-time. Even if it weren't for the
>annoyance factor, I need to keep more current with you because I
>don't want my anger at some of the off-the-wall comments on here to
>wan before I get a chance to charge back.

It seems to depend on the list, Fred. Digests can be automated to go at
prescribed intervals, upon meeting storage bogeys or at the whim and
convenience of the "honcho". For example, the Medium Format Digest arrives
when the listowner decides to send it. Typically, it's about twice a week,
but can be several days in a row, once a week, whatever!

You and I would appear to be about the same age. I reminisced right along
with your "down memory lane" descriptions. Great times. Though not in the
business, then, I was an avid follower of the craft.

Though I haven't made any attempt to document the true cost of equipment,
and specifically Leica equip., as you did, my take was certainly like yours.
The best seemed to be more afordable then!

C'mon back to real time. Few will admit to just how hyper we get when
someone doesn't recognize the truth of a photographic situation as WE know
it to be, right? You did admit it, Fred and I salute you for it!
       --
       Roger Beamon,  Natural History Interpreter & Photographer
                                 Docent: Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum