To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: lab problems.
From: Gary J Toop <gtoop@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Thu, 9 May 1996 10:47:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 9 May 1996, Edi Weitz wrote:

> Gary,

> I've been trying to collect everything I could find about HCB in the
>last three years or so. Unfortunately, in those interviews I found until
>today he was only talking about Zen or his Volkswagen Golf or similar
>things... :)
>
> It seems that he has refused to talk about technical things or about
>photography at all in the last years.
>
> If you still know where you've read those interviews with him talking
>about films etc. could you please tell me the sources? Maybe I can find a
>library where I can read or xerox-copy them.
> Thanks, Edi

	I can recall 2 sources at the moment where I think that there was
at least some discussion, but my memory is vague.  I believe that Popular
Photography did either and interview or a piece which included bits of an
interview with HCB where he talked briefly about his technique. I may
have a copy of the article at home and if so, I will e-mail you some more
information about it later.
	I also remember reading one of the (many) volumes in the Time-Life
series on photography in which there is a discussion of HCBs work - it
may have been one on Great Photographers, but I am not sure, and again, a
short discussion of his techinical practice at the time of writing.

	There is a select biliography of writing on and interviews with
HCB in the back of the Aperture volume on his work and I believe that
they note interviews in both Popular Photography and Modern Photography.
If you don't have access to the Aperture volume, I might be able to
arrange to send you a photocopy of the bibliography.
	Perhaps Ed Meyers can tell us whether he remembers any interviews
with HCB in Pop and Modern Photography over the periods when he worked
there.

Hope this helps
Gary Toop

Replies: Reply from Edward Meyers <aghalide@phantom.com> (Re: lab problems.)