To: Leica List <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Henri Cartier-Bresson
From: Gary J Toop <gtoop@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Thu, 9 May 1996 12:00:03 -0400 (EDT)

	I just had a quick look over in the library for the Pop Photo
article on Henri Cartier-Bresson that I mentioned.  It is in the November
1979 issue and, although there was an interview portion at the end of the
article, there was no discussion of technigue.  I will keep trying to
remember where I read the interview with him:  it was very interesting,
actually, because the interviewer got out a light-meter and started
getting HCB to tell him the exposure value for various shots and
comparing them to the light-meter reading.  There was also some
discussion of films and developers, although not a great deal.  Does anyone
know whether Pop Photo or Modern ever published a collection of interviews
with great photographers?  I could have been looking at something like
that.

Gary