To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: "Really right stuff" plates?
From: jredfern@ftn.net (J. Redfern)
Date: Mon, 13 May 96 21:52 EDT

>I even remove that clear plastic, since I use Really Right Stuff plates on
>the bottom of my M6 & R7 to couple to the Arca-Swiss Quick Release on my
>Kaiser Ball Head.

I wonder if you might offer an explanation as to what exactly these
wonderfully named plates consist of?
        I use an Arca Swiss B series head with the Arca plates but as much
as I'm more than contented with this set up for my 120 rig, with the M
equipment I always feel like I'm mounting a pea shooter on a Panzer. I'm
also not too fond of having the plate stuck to the bottom of the Leica in
any sort of permanent fashion as it spoils the handling when not using the
tripod.
Thanks and yours in curiosity,
Jae