To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: HCB on 60 minutes
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 20:24:58 -0700

At 11:05 PM 5/12/96 -0700, you wrote:

>pictures). He was puzzled at first by the word "sacrifices," but finally
>said something along the lines of "If you're living the sort of life you
>want to live, doing what you want to do, then you're not making sacrifices."

I once had a minister explain to me the etymology of the word sacrifice. It
come out to literally mean "to make sacred." Interesting, like in this
context it becomes the question of what is most central to who you are?
Photography becomes a way of showing what is more important and meaningful
for you. That's art. Too bad much of my job isn't even close to that level
of decisiveness.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier