To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: HCB
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 20:24:59 -0700

At 11:45 AM 5/13/96 +0200, you wrote:

>What about HCB compared to him? Is it true that his negatives are usually
exposed very good?

At the risk of repeating a story, an editor of Epoca magazine (Milan -
Italy's closest thing to Life Magazine) told me of the time he assigned HCB
to photograph a story on Portugal (or Spain, can't remember). HCB took two
rolls of Ektachrome and sent them back. Out of 72 frames, Guido Mattoni, the
editor, says 70 of them could have been used in the story. I think he's got
exposure down. <g>

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier