To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: HCB
From: Edi Weitz <weitz@math.uni-hannover.de>
Date: Tue, 14 May 1996 11:20:43 +0200

>At the risk of repeating a story, an editor of Epoca magazine (Milan -
>Italy's closest thing to Life Magazine) told me of the time he assigned HCB
>to photograph a story on Portugal (or Spain, can't remember). HCB took two
>rolls of Ektachrome and sent them back. Out of 72 frames, Guido Mattoni, the
>editor, says 70 of them could have been used in the story. I think he's got
>exposure down. <g>

Eric,

sorry, I forgot that story. But let me just add: I remember when I read it the first time I thought that taking _two_ rolls of Ektachrome with you is not very much for a pro, isn't it? OK, he may have been shooting b-a-w most of the time. But, nevertheless, could it be that there's a little bit of fable attached to this story?

Edi.