To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica and Customer Satisfaction
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 14 May 1996 13:53:56 -0400
Cc: photo-op@ix.netcom.com (Sherril & Bill)

At 09:08 AM 5/14/96 -0700,Bill Erfurth wrote:

>I am not sure, but I think you might be dealing with the wrong camera
>store.

and further:

>P.S.  If you send a FAX to Leica Solms, evern if the FAX is in Englist,
>you will get a reply.

Thanks for your kind words.  The store I used IS a good store -- Ewald-Clark
in Roanoke, Virginia, founded by one of the soldiers who captured Wetzlar in
WW II.  They put a lot of heat on Leica, they just couldn't get them to do
anything about it.  The horror stories I've heard from other Leica dealers
are the same -- check out SCI.ASTRO.AMATEUR and read the complaints there
about deliveries of the Televid stuff.

As to FAXes to Solms, that'/s the bloody black hole over there.  I've
probably sent fifteen FAXes to them over the past three years and nary a
comment of response.  Others have had the same experience:  if you're
getting answers,  count yourself lucky!

Of course, my FAX content is normally either negative (comments on product
design or quality) or a request for information which would require a bit of
bother to answer.   But I get a lot better response rate out of the US
Government (probably bout 2%) than I have from Solms.

Marc
msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!

Replied: 14 May 96 12:40