To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica and Customer Satisfaction
From: photo-op@ix.netcom.com (Sherril & Bill)
Date: Tue, 14 May 1996 21:06:33 -0700

>In reality, the Leica dealer probably makes no more, maybe less, per
dollar
>on Leica than he does on other lines. No excuse, mind you, but true,
>nonetheless.
>       --
Hello Roger,

Marc is an attorney?  Well, now I understand ;-)

It's soap box time.
My problem wasn't with the camera dealer that Marc was dealing with as
much as it was with the dealers (or any kind) in general.  I get real
tires of people holding themselves out as any xyz dealer, and then not
being able to produce.  As 53 years of age I no longer believe "It's
not available" or "I can't get it" or "It can't be done" or "it's on
back order...forever".  Those statements fall into the same catagory
as, "Ofcourse I'll respect you in the morning".

It's like General George Patton said to one of his officers, "If you
can't get the job done I'll find somebody who can."  With today's
telephone service and FEDEX delivery you can get almost anything you
want as fast as you want it.  This is not to say that every dealer
should have everything in stock all of the time.  But, there is no
excuse for prolonged back orders.

Regards,
Bill Erfurth
Evergreen, CO