To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: R28 and M28
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 08:23:32 -0700

At 06:34 AM 5/15/96 UT, you wrote:

>      If R28 lens is as good as the M28 one, I opt for the R28 and will get
>the 22228 adapter
>      to mount it on the M body in case I need a steady hand held shoot at
>1/15th second.

It's actually better from reports I've heard, but not a significant
difference, I'm sure.

>      Most of the time, I will have the lens almost wide open. Therefore the
>performance of
>      lens at F2.8 or F4 will be critical to me.

Then you really do need the newest lenses for either camera (or both for an
ideal situation! <g>)

>      I get into the R7 recently. I am really fond of it.  I am a M guy - used

They are wonderful, aren't they?

As for loading, when people find it difficult, it's often because they
aren't attaching the film to the takeup spool before putting the cassette in
the body. I got so used to the Leica R system I found it very difficult to
load any kind that had you put the cassette in the body first (except the
new autoload systems which would be nice in a Leica R8).

Good luch with whatever you decide to go with.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier