To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica Lens Tests
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Sun, 19 May 1996 23:12:20 -0700

At 01:40 AM 5/20/96 +0100, you wrote:

>I used to read lens tests avidly and chose lenses on that basis- up
>until I got my first results from Leica lenses. Then I noticed something
>very interesting; I'd been reading test results pertaining to Leica
>lenses along with tests of everything else and never once had those
>tests indicated the actual results Leica lenses give in practice!

Have you seen the BAS tests? I find them to accurately reflect what I've
experienced and heard about the Leica lenses they've tested. You can get
copies from Leica. It's done by a highly respected German gentleman for
Fotomagazine.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier

Replies: Reply from "joe b." <joe@azurite.demon.co.uk> (Re: Leica Lens Tests)