To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Super Angulon "Bigger Picture"
From: wilcox@umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Sat, 25 May 1996 22:04:55 -0400

Tom:

I found one of the references in my literature to the larger negative
rendered by the Super Angulon 21mm f3.4.

>From "The Leica Book" 1971 by Theo Kisselbach:

        Pictures taken with Super-Angulon can be recognized on the Leica
        film by their larger size exceeding the normal pictures by a few
        tenths of a mm. The gaps between the negatives are therefore
        narrower.

I know I have seen this mentioned other places, but can't find them.

If you examine yur Leica M inside the back door, you wil find that the film
does not press against the aparture at the rear of the shutter, but rests
on film rails and is in fact held a few tenths of a mm away from the
opening.

Cheers!

kw

----