To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: opinions solicited -- telephotos for the R cameras
From: pgs@thillana.lcs.mit.edu (Patrick Sobalvarro)
Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 01:39:58 -0400

I have a 135mm/2.8 Elmarit-R, but I have recently been feeling the
need of something in the way of a longer telephoto.  Looking around,
it seems to me that I have only a couple of choices, because I don't
want to spend more than about $1K for this (used, of course).  This
eliminates the APO lenses and leaves me with the 250/4, the 350/4.8
and the 400/6.8 Telyt-R's.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these lenses that they can
share with me to guide me in making a choice?  I'm mostly interested
in them for daylight photography of distant landscape details and
(more rarely) nature photography.

-Patrick Sobalvarro

P.S. I haven't actually seen a 350/4.8 for sale -- in fact, some of my
     books don't even mention it.  Did this lens have a particularly
     short production run, or is it so well-loved that no one wants to
     sell one?

Replies: Reply from Bill Christensen <kangwei@interaccess.com> (Re: opinions solicited -- telephotos for the R cameras)