To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: What is K&S? (Re: Sale at K&S)
From: Brian Reid <reid>
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 96 14:27:09 PDT
Cc: reid

Keeble and Shuchat is the reason that I drive an 8-year-old car and
that my shoes have worn soles. They are a commercial/industrial and
large retail camera shop about 500 meters from my house here in Palo
Alto. Terry Shuchat is always on the sales floor; in 25 years of being
a customer there I have never not seen him out there selling along with
the rest of the clerks. He owns all of the old cameras and darkroom
equipment that they have on display there.

Twice a year they have a sale that is just incredible. Just yesterday I
bought some new studio lighting equipment and some seamless background
paper; I got both for about 25% of the list price.

I have bought at least 100 used cameras at Keeble and Shuchat over the
past 25 years (for myself, for family and friends, as wedding gifts,
etc). I also buy all of my darkroom equipment and supplies there. I
highly recommend it.

Replies: Reply from Wolfgang Sachse <sachse@msc.cornell.edu> (Re: What is K&S? (Re: Sale at K&S))