To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: What is K&S? (Re: Sale at K&S)
From: FortunkoC@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 1996 16:04:13 -0400

Marc,

K&S stands for Keeble and Shuchat, which is a rather good camera store at
California Avenue in Palo Alto. This was my first visit since I moved to LA
in 1976. Previously, they were in a hole in the wall near by. Now, they have
two stores, on opposite sides of California. They have a lot of stuff,
including a fabulous Leica collection, which is on the second floor.

Anyway, Palo Alto is at the edge of the Land of Silicon (and Money).
Therefore, there are enough customers for high-end stuff. Fortunately for me,
Visoflex stuff appears not to be in high demand. As a result, I was able to
find a few items like rings, adaptors, ELNY leather cases, and a Leitz easel.
Also, Ernst Hartmann of Leica NJ was there and it was good to see how he
opens up a Leica. He should have been a surgeon general. My only complaint is
that his electronic aid appears to not be properly set up for calibrating CdS
meters.

I was not fortunate enough to meet Messrs. Keeble and Shuchat. However, there
were a number of other people who knew Leica. Prices are high, but in line
with Tamarkin and Samy's. They do not ship.

On the subject of using non-Leitz lenses on Leicas. I was told, off-line,
that I am full of beans, because I would not mind seeing other manufacturers
lenses on the Leica.

I agree with Fred Ward and hope that he will remain a member of this forum
always.

Chris

Replies: Reply from Brian Reid <reid> (Re: What is K&S? (Re: Sale at K&S))